Feedback for the project

Janne: "Participating in this project was interesting and challenging. Joining this project, I imagined it a little differently. I got a lot of useful information for my work. In the future, I will be able to find better digital tools that I can use in my studies. I contributed to this project as much as I could. I know I'm not a very good digital user, so I often felt unable to talk about these issues. However, I am glad that I participated in this project - I gained more experience."


***

Mari: I received (as I joined a bit later) role in each level training material preparation. Two units in novice level and one in independent and in proficient level. Group was helpful and supportive. I think that contribution was more or less divided equally and everyone fulfilled their part. I participated all the meetings and plan to participate the next ones to come. 

I learned a lot about different digital options that teachers could use. Also, about copyright rules which for me is less interesting topic but certainly important requirements for everyone to know. Some of the digital tools/solutions found, I had experience with but some of them were new. Most important to take from these is that I have a place (materials) where to go back for inspirations in case I need to.



***

Johanna: I filled the role of Team Lead in Digiloping I group. It was a great challenge for me to start organizing and dividing workloads between team members so everyone could do what they are capable of, interested in and good at. Luckily it seems that the workloads were divided more-or-less equally and people could help each other as well. I was lucky to have such a good team mates with me who were all motivated to do their best, follow the deadlines and participate in the meetings and reviews. Overall, as I'm not really familiar with teachers' digital competences, it was a good opportunity for me to learn something completely new. I am glad that I had the possibility to work in this project with people from different fields of study. 


***

Pei: My role in the team was a “customer success manager” and my main task was to maintain good communication with stakeholders, and create materials for marketing. I’ve never made an infographic before and I thought it would be very difficult to do so. But it turned out that I could manage to do it without others' help. On the other hand, I realized that it is challenging to find potential respondents for our questionnaire and generate a result. We learned that more people will usually complete a questionnaire when it’s concise, and respondents can know the required time beforehand. Since the required time for completing the questionnaire is quite long and not many teachers were willing to take it, we only had a few entries and it was not enough to generate a creditable result. If we can refine it, I would suggest minimizing the number of questions, and as our supervisor suggested, we could also add a brief introduction in the beginning so people can know more about what the focus of the project was.


***

Anet: From the beginning of the project, it was a great challenge to understand the context and the aim of the project, as there wasn't any introduction session. Due to that, our project leader left the group, but we managed to organise everything, and I took the project leader role. I think that this role suited me the best, and our team had a better connection than in the beginning. It was not easy to divide the workloads, but I left quite open hands to everybody to provide the content they were interested in or capable of. Despite the fact that our team had ups and downs, I think that we managed to do as much as we could regarding the project topic. Nobody of us had done any learning materials for teachers, so it was a new and good experience for all of us. I am glad that I had this opportunity to work with all the team members. 



***


Airi: This project presented me two main challenges. The first challenge was being part in international project and doing all the work in english. Another big challenge was the digital theme. But next to those predictable challenges turned out there was one more – getting the team to work. Our first leader left quite soon after the beginning and we were totally lost. Then luckily we got a new and very good team leader. It took a lot of work and discussions to get the clear picture of the result we need to produce. But I am glad we were able to get our team to work. Also I learned much about different online assessment tools and their opportunities. I will surely use more of them in my work as a teacher.




***


Veronika: My first challenge here was to participate in a project where all the work and discussions are in English. The second one was to understand what we are supposed to do and what should be the result. And when we finally realized what we should produce, I felt I had no knowledge or competence to do it. Because of that I have had some motivation problems. I think we all had at some point. I think my biggest learning moment of this project is the experience of what happens if the task is too difficult for the student or he can not understand instructions. Now I know what students may feel in this situation.  



***


Sergei: At the beginning I thought it would be great idea to choose Content Manager role, so I can do as much as I can. But every team member have done theyr job so well, that I think I have done less then everyone else. Anyway I cant say that this project was easy, because I saw how many things have done by our team. The hardest part for me was understanding what exactly are we going to do first, because the goal of our challenge was not so clear. For me the biggest challenge was participating with others and be as much active as I can. This project shows me how hard it can be to create new content and how hard can be figuaring something from beginning. It was great experience and I will not forget it!



***


Maarja: For me, the greatest value of this project was undoubtedly the foreign language or English of the project. I was able to significantly develop my slightly weak language skills through communication with fellow students, through writing in English. I consider my good understanding of English and communication in that language to be my biggest challenge in this project. I see great benefit in the project for myself as a novice teacher of Estonian language and literature - I have been thinking about how to use more digital tools during my few years as a teacher, but so far I haven't gone beyond Kahoot and Kuldvillak because there have been no clear instructions. I think that our project therefore extends a helping hand to me, as well as to my foreign language colleagues - I work at a school that also has an IB study programme and therefore also foreign language students and teachers, so I can definitely pass on the benefits of the project to my workplace.





Tauno: I joined this project because I have been doing smart youth work for 3 years (developing activities for young people in the digital world).

In this project, my task was to compile learning materials (basics of using the web for beginners and advanced and managing shared documents for collaboration).

This compilation of materials was a very good task for me in this project. I can use these guides in my work in the future if there is a need for a young or why not an elderly Internet user to teach digital environments.

I am very satisfied with my team, with the project selection and the tasks.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project materials I

Project materials II